Coffee Cup Cafe

We had lunch yesterday at the Coffee Cup Cafe in Sully, Iowa.  This little town in Southeast Iowa, not far away from us, is nationally known for its cafe on the square.   The cafe has starred on Serious Eats.com for their breakfasts and just good Iowa food.  It’s been in USAToday as one of the 10 best places in the country to get pie on National Pie Day and is on their Pie Honor Roll. 
Even Lance Armstrong had to get pie there when the statewide bike ride, RAGBRAI, stopped in Sully.  10,000 plus bike riders cross the state for a week every summer, heavily fueled by sweet corn and pie.
We enjoyed perfect hot roast beef sandwiches and I had my favorite coconut cream pie and my husband had apple pie with ice cream.  A perfect lunch!
We drove around the square and I stopped to take this photo of a restored Deep Rock Gas Station on the corner.  We have also enjoyed the great 4th of July parade in Sully in the summer.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my am I hungry! This cafe is really not far for us to go and devour! Thankyou, this is on our visit list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane in Dallas, OregonApril 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM

    Like many who like to cook, I can enjoy a good cookbook just as much as a good novel. The same goes for a really good web site. Your blogspot is exceptional. I have spent MANY hours today devouring almost all of it. Thank you for sharing your considerable knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, Steve and I are always on the lookout for new places to dine whilst out on the Kawasaki. You've just helped me stick another in in my map of Iowa: The Coffee Cup Cafe will be one of our stops this summer!

    Thank you for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, We are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed our little restaurant. We love what we do and hope it shows. Thank you for your kind words, it makes a huge difference spreading the word to keep these small town restaurants open. If you visit again, please let us know, we'd love to meet you. Thanks again....Darin and Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to work here. It's fantastic I promise! And it's not only the pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible food and amazing people. They are great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.