Jiffy Hollandaise Sauce


This old recipe from my 1962 Better Homes and Gardens is so easy that I thought it might not be good.
 However, Lyle and Bettie thought it was just fine and Bettie especially enjoyed it on her fish though I had made it to use on asparagus spears.
 Guess our Moms and our age group knew about Jiffy cooking way back than. While this will never replace a real Hollandaise it works just fine if you need something in a hurry and don’t want to spend the time fussing with the sauce. I did use fresh lemon juice and I think that helps.
 To heat it, I used my microwave for a minute at a time at low power settings. If heating on the stove I would put it in a dish in some hot water and heat slowly so it doesn’t break up.

Jiffy Hollandaise Sauce


 To ½ cup salad dressing or mayonnaise add 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice. 
   Heat and Stir over low heat till hot though out. (Do not boil)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.