Cookbook Reviews...Gifts from the Kitchen


Betty Crocker and Pillsbury are now owned by the same company and the small size cookbooks you can buy in the grocery store aisles are now put out with both names on them. This book Betty Crocker  Gifts from the Kitchen was printed and displayed till the end of Dec. 2011. These types of books (food gifts to make) are among some of my favorites. I like making food gifts, though often they don’t make it out of the house. Now several years later I am still using recipes from this book.
  Sue and I both found things to make. The Caramel Sauce Sue made and shared with us was excellent and we were really pleased that the Triple Cheese Log was so good. We gave one away and ate the rest. Cheese logs are one of my weaknesses. 
  I made the Billionaires for Bettie’s daughter and she hid them as she did not want to share. If you find a copy of this book, I would surely recommend you buy it. Great recipes and good ideas for food gifts.

Smoked Almond Triple Cheese Logs

Chocolate Billionaires

Divine Caramel Sauce

Citrus Curd

2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog! I too collect cookbooks including many of these small size gems! Some you've got listed from 1973 (the year I was married) I have. 😀 Please keep blogging!
    MaryO1230
    San Pedro, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, cookbooks can be an obsession; I swore I wasn't going to buy any at our local booksale this year...I only bought six! Two to replace a couple I've worn out and one for Myrna because I didn't want to share a favorite bread book we both like...now we have 2.
      Thanks for spending time with us.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.