Honey Moist Cornbread

I must confess I usually use a cornbread mix now that there only three of us to cook for. I really don’t like a sweet cornbread either so was not sure if I wanted to try this recipe but decided to see how we liked it. Well, this is one of the best cornbreads I have made and was even better leftover cold the next day. What else can I say, beside the fact that this is what I will make from now on.
Honey Moist Cornbread
6 Servings
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs slightly beaten
Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). In medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Pour into greased 9” baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

3 comments:

  1. I love cornbread. This is a different recipe that I would like to try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man...cornbread!!!

    I grew up on cornbread and bean and ham soup; what wonderful memories! This recipe is a bit of a surprise--never heard of using whipping cream (my mouth is watering already). Honey is a great idea--I'm trying to use a little less white sugar these days and, con considering the peoportions of the other ingredients, the amount of sweetness should be just right.

    Top it, warm and fresh from the oven, with honey butter...

    *sighs with rapture*

    Yep. Good Iowa cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Sue,

    thank you for making this link on your to my blog.
    I am very happy.

    Many greetings Anne

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.