Gluten Free Ultimate Chicken Fingers

  These are very, very good. Just excellent. Stayed crisp, the coating stayed on, great taste, and very simple to make. By far, the favorite of the Betty Crocker Gluten Free recipes I have tried. I would recommend them to anyone, whether you need to eat gluten free or not. It is a light breading and not at all greasy. Just a great chicken strip.
  This is one I am going to make often. I bought chicken tenders from my local Fareway store that were on sale, so it was really easy to make and not a lot of prep. I hope you will give these a try.
Ultimate Chicken Fingers (Gluten Free)
Gluten-free diet? You can savor these chicken fingers thanks to Bisquick® Gluten Free mix.
¾ cup Bisquick® Gluten Free mix
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt or garlic salt
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Heat oven to 450°F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
Stir Bisquick mix, cheese, paprika and salt in shallow baking dish. Dip chicken strips into eggs, then coat with Bisquick mixture; repeat dipping in eggs and Bisquick mixture. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Drizzle butter over chicken.
Bake 12 to14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes, until no longer pink in center.
Makes 5 servings
Cooking Gluten Free?
Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Nutrition Information:
1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 310(Calories from Fat 140),Total Fat 15g(Saturated Fat 8g,Trans Fat 0g),Cholesterol 165mg;Sodium 740mg;Total Carbohydrate 16g(Dietary Fiber 0g,Sugars 2g),Protein 28g;Percent Daily Value*:Vitamin A 15.00%;Vitamin C 0.00%;Calcium 20.00%;Iron 6.00%;Exchanges:1 Starch;0 Fruit;0 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;0 Vegetable;0 
  • Very Lean Meat;3 1/2 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:1;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

2 comments:

  1. These are GREAT! I have a box of gluten-free Bisquick in my pantry but I wouldn't have given that recipe a second glance. I came here to see what I could make with some thawed, thin-cut chicken breasts and Myrna's enthusiastic review sealed the deal.
    I've never "double breaded" my chicken before (egg-flour-egg-flour) and it worked just fine--no fussing there! I feared the large amount of parm would make it salty (so I didn't add the 1/2 tsp called for) but that was not the case at all.

    I did add a few extra spices because I know my family's likes: 1/2 tsp each of powdered onion, powdered garlic, black pepper, and parsley flakes. Next time I will add in 1/2 tsp of celery salt as well. I will mix up a double or even triple batch (and store it in the freezer) just to have on hand. I sometimes buy those thin-cut turkey tenderloins when they go on sale, and this would be a great way to make them.

    I lined my pan with parchment, as it's no-stick and I like the way foods brown on it. I also laced them with a little olive oil because I was too lazy to melt butter. When I flipped the tenders over, they were indeed a lovely golden color.

    My husband and son hoovered them up with mango chutney and honey mustard dip, respectively. They made a great dinner along with buttered noodles, broccoli, and canned mandarin oranges. They both said they'd like them again, so this is now my "go-to" baked chicken tenders recipe--it's a keeper.

    Thank you so much for helping me make dinner tonight, Myrna! ;^) I just love this blog!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them. We eat them quite often and enjoy them a lot. Thanks for the nice comments.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.