Southern Living Big Book of Christmas Baking

The Southern Living Big Book of Christmas Baking was published in 1996.  I picked it up at the Big book sale in Des Moines last year, and was drawn in by the beautiful photos.  But I know that Southern Living recipes are always good, and always work…a big plus for me.  I hate, hate, hate to waste my time and expensive ingredients on a recipe that isn’t edible, or is even just fair.  I like cook books by folks who have good test kitchens.
This cook book isn’t a disappointment.  It’s 160 pages are full of cookies, beautiful reputation cakes, pies, Christmas breads, snacks, casseroles for family and holiday buffets, and gifts too.
I like to take along a loaf of homemade bread and some jam or preserves as a hostess gift over the holidays – everyone has so many sweets already.  This book had a whole chapter to choose from!  We had a hard time choosing just a week’s worth of recipes to share.  Well, maybe we'll revisit next year! 

Ricotta Cheesecake

Turkey Noodle Poppy Seed Casserole

Spicy Molasses Cookies

Tavern Bread

Crunchy Potato Bites


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.