Nutella Fudge Cupcakes


I confess, I love chocolate, and I love Nutella.  We buy it at Costco and actually keep it on hand!  Even my husband, the not-so-much chocolate guy, likes Nutella.  He actually helped me make this recipe from  "Fine Cooking Cookies 2010" – and after we tasted one, he said – "maybe Bettie doesn’t like chocolate and we can eat them all ourselves instead of taking some to coffee time in the morning"!
This is my kind of recipe – self-indulgent but so easy a child can make them.  The hardest part is getting the sticky dough in the little paper cups.  I found my size 60 scoop did the job.  I made them in my Breville toaster oven in my little 12 cup mini-muffin pan; it probably took less than a half hour.  If you can’t find hazelnuts – a trick except near the holidays, try chopping slivered almonds.  You won't be able to eat just one!
                          Nutella Fudge Cupcakes
     1/2 Cup  Nutella
  1        Large  Egg
  5        Tablespoons  Flour, All-purpose
     1/4 Cup  Hazelnuts -- chopped
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350°.  Line a 12 cup mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk the Nutella and egg until smooth and well blended.  Add the flour and whisk until blended.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffintins about 3/4 full and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.  (I used a size 60 scoop)
Bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11-12 minutes.
Set on a rack to cool completely.  Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
2011 Cost:  $1.61 or 14¢ each, depending on the cost of nuts.
Per Serving: 90 Calories; 5g Fat (51.4% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 16mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, they sure do look tasty! I just happen to have a jar of Nutella sitting on the counter and hazelnuts are grown here in Oregon. Can't wait to make them! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.