Herbal Iced Tea


 We had The Barefoot Contessa’s Herbal Iced Tea today. Good stuff, good for you, and no work at all to make. My kind of drink. Perfect on hot days or not so hot days. As I am not a fan of sweet teas, this was for me. Sweet from the apple juice and no added sugar anywhere.
Herbal Iced Tea
 Serves 6 to 8
4 Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea bags
4 Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea bags 
4 cups pure apple juice
 Steep the eight tea bags in 4 cups of boiling water for about 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Combine the tea with the apple juice and refrigerate until cold. Serve over ice. A lemon slice floating in the glass would look special.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! I love red zinger tea, so gotta try this recipe! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the lookout for a summer herbal tea that's refreshing, CHEAP, and extremely low in calories. I tried this one, using only 4 tea bags (that's me being cheap) of Celestial Seasonings Summer Sangria and Raspberry Zinger and 2 cups apple juice. It was actually really good; but I would definitely put back 2 tea bags to increase the flavor. Unfortunately, since I can usually put away an entire 2 quarts by myself, 240 calories of sugar is way too much for me to be drinking.

    So next time I'll use 6 herbal tea bags and only 1 cup of apple juice and see how it tastes. Wish there was a natural sweetener I liked; stevia is just plain awful no matter what brand I try! Decaf black tea is cheap; perhaps I'll add a couple bags of that in and see what that does to the flavor. Or maybe try orange or white grape juice instead of apple. I could probably spend the entire summer experimenting!

    Were I making iced tea for company, I would make Ina's recipe just as written. My tastes in iced tea are too oddball to inflict on the unsuspecting!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.