Sherried Sweet Potatoes


  I have two sweet potato eaters in Lyle and Bettie so I usually look for recipes for easy ways to fix them. Neither really cares for them with marshmallows so I normally bake a sweet potato for each of them and they eat them with butter and brown sugar.
  This recipe from The Southern Living Quick and Easy was just that. Quick and Easy.
A change of pace for them and since I had a can of sweet potatoes and some maple syrup it was a no brainer.
  There really isn’t even what I would call a recipe so this is a very last minute put together thing to make. I did add the ¼ cup of water in, but will leave it out the next time. They would glaze more with less liquid. 
Sherried Sweet Potatoes
  1 (29 ounce) can of sweet potatoes or yams (drained)
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup water (you might want to omit this)
2 Tablespoons Sherry
  Slice or quarter sweet potatoes. Combine all ingredients in top of double boiler. Cover and heat through.
  If you do not have a double boiler place a bowl over hot water and cover with foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.