Ginger Garlic Noodles

Fresh Basil from my pot for the garnish

  Do you buy the noodle sides that are available in the stores? If so, this is a recipe for you. Everyone thought they were excellent and I thought they were easier to make than the noodle sides in the envelopes. Lipton comes to mind, though I know there are other brands out there.
  The recipe from Taste Of Home Winning Recipes calls for Linguine but Lyle and Bettie like noodles so much better that I thought I would use them. I don’t know how it could taste any better and be any easier to make. While the noodles cook, you do the rest of the dish and add the noodles to the pan. About 10 minutes start to finish. I made half of the recipe and it served 2 people and there is enough for lunch tomorrow. 
  I am going to post the recipe as I made it, if you want the larger version just double it.
I did use dried basil even though I had fresh as it would be quicker and seemed to fit the recipe. The amount of butter though it seemed like a lot, was just right when it was put together.
Ginger Garlic Noodles
6 ounces uncooked dry egg noodles
2 green onions finely chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
½ teaspoon dried basil
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup butter
Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
  Cook dry noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, ginger, garlic, basil and cayenne in butter for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender, Drain the noodles; add to the skillet and toss to coat with the butter sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.