Mexican Meatloaf

 Bettie is a fan of Tex Mex type meals. Lyle and I will eat it but they are not one of our favorites.  This recipe for Mexican meatloaf fits all of us. I had it for awhile and decided to try it.
I do have to be careful of meatloaf because of the Celiac. This uses corn chips or Tortilla chips and Salsa along with an egg. I used GF tortilla chips and GF Salsa so I could eat it also. I used a mild Salsa and made the taco seasoning myself so it was not as spicy. If you are into hot and spicy just use a hotter Salsa and Taco Seasoning mix. While I used shredded cheddar cheese, I think a Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese would work well. If you make it in smaller loaves don’t bake it as long as one single loaf.
Mexican Meatloaf
1 pound ground beef
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg beaten
1 cup crushed corn or tortilla chips
⅓ cup salsa
½ package taco seasoning
GLAZE
¼ cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon dry mustard
DIRECTIONS

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well but gently. Shape into a loaf or four small loaves and place in pan. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes for small loaves to 1 hour for one larger loaf. Top meatloaf with the glaze halfway through the baking time.

2 comments:

  1. Might have to try this. Mostly I make regular meatloaf so hubby can have sandwiches for work. I eat very little of it. Just not a meatloaf fan anymore. I do make an Italian meatloaf maybe once a year. It's the only one that I like. We like Mexican food, so this might be a good one to try for something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I will have to agree with you in that I am not a meatloaf fan either. This however we thought was good
    and just enough different that I liked it also. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.