Family Favorites...Green Tomato Salsa


 A good use for  Green Tomatoes on your tomato plants is to make Green Tomato Salsa. I had about 30 green tomatoes. 
I really didn’t want to lose and decided to make some green tomato salsa. 
  This is not out of any of the recipe books we are using as none of the recipes were quite what I wanted. I did not want to can it in case we didn’t like it. Just a recipe for some fresh salsa was what I needed.
  I used several recipes to come up with the recipe I ended up using. It is very good, not too hot and just what I was looking for. If you have some green tomatoes you might want to try this recipe.
Green Tomato Salsa
 5 medium green plum tomatoes 
 1 medium slightly red plum tomato
 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (more if you like it hotter)
 ¼ cup finely chopped onion 
 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
 2 tablespoons olive oil
 1 teaspoon coarse salt
 Freshly ground black pepper to taste
 Combine all ingredients and leave at room temperature for at least 2 hours to blend flavors before serving. Store any leftovers in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator. 

4 comments:

  1. Cool. Thanks for the recipe. Will have to try it cause I have a lot of tomatoes. They are ruining before they get ripe because we have had storms everyday or it's been 110 heat index.

    this will give something to do with them other than fry green tomatoes every night

    happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help. We also have a green tomato pie recipe, just check the posts for Green tomato pie and it should pop up. We do like the salsa and I hope it will help you use up some of those tomatos. Maybe your weather will give you a break so you get some nice red ones. Nothing better than a warm from the garden tomato.

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO much for this. We love salsa and had so many green tomatoes. I will look for the tomato pie recipe. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hope you like it. Coming from Texas I would bet you will want more jalapeños in it. lol. Most of us Northerns are a little on the wimpy side. It is a good way to use up some of the tomatos though. Thanks for stopping by the blog, I read yours every day, say hi to second man for us.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.