One Pan Chicken and Potatoes

  I am always willing to try a new recipe for chicken and this time used a recipe and directions I found on the internet and changed them to suit our family.We all eat dark chicken and it is much cheaper than breasts. It turned out quite well, except the onions disappeared on me. I think I just didn’t use enough of them and will add more the next time. I am going to include the larger amount in the directions and you can decide how many you want to use. Also you can certainly change the spices. The next time I try this I think I am going to use Cajun spice. We have found that the Tone Brand works well for our tastes. 
 This made a nice one pan meal and gave me time to do other things while it was in the oven. With the potatoes baking with the chicken all I needed to add was a vegetable so we had Harvard beets.
One Pan Chicken and Potatoes
Three chicken hindquarters, or thighs 
One large onion sliced
One bay leaf
Soft butter
Oregano
Thyme
Salt and Pepper
Dash of Dry Sherry optional
3 small to medium baking potatoes peeled and halved
 Mix salt, pepper and spices in a small dish. Dry chicken with a paper towel and rub with the spice mixture. Place onion slices in bottom of a baking dish, casserole or pan that will hold it in one layer. Add bay leaf and sherry if using. Place chicken on top of onions. Add pats of butter on chicken. Nestle some peeled halved potatoes around chicken. Bake in a 375°F. Oven till the potatoes are tender and the chicken is done  (170°) for dark meat chicken. Baste once or twice with the pan juices.

2 comments:

  1. This is very much like a dish my aunt made years ago in an electric skillet. Very yummy. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll will have to try it in my electric skillet. I still use mine but hadn't thought of it for this recipe. Thanks for the idea.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.