kitchen tools


While having coffee with Sue today, I got to thinking about all the kitchens tools I use and that most of them are from wedding gifts and shower gifts. I will be married 51 years this fall, so they are getting on in life. A few of them, like, my rolling pin, cast iron frying pan, enamel double boiler and my Grandmother’s pie dish are some of the items I use on a regular basis. The cookie cutters I use at christmas are from my grandmother’s, Mother’s and my collection. Lots of fun making cookies now with my grandchildren using these cutters. Good Memories.

I don’t know if things were made better back then, this was the 'use up don’t throw away generation' you know, or if we just took better care of them. Quite a few of my favorite cookbooks are from the 50’s and the 60’s also.
Do save some of your favorite kitchen items for your children and their children. The pie plate of my Grandmothers brings back so many memories of apple pie made on warm summer mornings for afternoon coffee time. These are the memories your children will cherish also.

Have fun cooking and baking, that is what it is all about. That you do these things as a labor of love, but also because it is fun and creative to try different ways of doing recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.