Macaroni Salad


I needed to use some of the farm eggs we got from Sue's brother-in-law so I made Macaroni Salad for supper. Since I used 5 eggs total and some vegetables left over in the fridge this helped use some leftovers as well as the eggs. Along with hot dinner rolls fresh out of the oven and butter everyone was happy. The three extra hard boiled eggs are for me to eat, as I cannot have the macaroni or the rolls.
Macaroni Salad
4 cups cooked (8oz uncooked) small macaroni: rings, shells, etc
about 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
1/2 cup cut up green onions or regular onions (if using regular onion, use a little less)
1/4 cup sliced radishes
diced green or red pepper (the red looks nice)
2 TB snipped parsley
2 hard boiled eggs cut up
4 hard boiled eggs sliced to decorate top
Paprika sprinkled over top when all mixed
Dressing
1 cup mayo
2 TB vinegar
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 tsp celery seeds
1 to 1 1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper

Mix ahead so it is well chilled. I usually use white wine vinegar as we like the flavor better than white.
I also use Miracle Whip instead of mayo, again just personal taste. Do use the celery seed as it adds a good flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.