Chai Latte Cupcakes

   I made cupcakes today from the Betty Crocker Super Moist Cakes cookbook. They looked like something different to try and I will say, they came out very good. The recipe is called Chai Latte Cupcakes and uses a small packet of instant Chai Tea latte mix or an equal amount from a larger container.  The frosting recipe called for white chocolate and no one in my house likes white chocolate so I used a cream cheese recipe from the same cookbook.
  I like the texture of cake mixes and find it interesting to see what you can do with a standard cake mix to jazz it up. I used Vanilla Chai mix and the next time I think I would use the Spice flavor Chai mix. Since I did not think there was enough spice flavor for my taste I added a smidgen of Ginger to the frosting. These were a nice flavor change and one I will make again. 
Chai Latte Cupcakes
CAKE
1 box Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake mix
1 ½ cups water
⅓ cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 package (1.1 ounce) instant chai tea latter mix (or 3 tablespoons from larger container)
FROSTING
4 ounce white chocolate baking bars chopped
⅓ cup butter softened
4 cups powder sugar
¼ cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 package (8ounce) cream cheese - softened
½ cup butter - softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
  1. Heat oven to 350°. Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular size muffin cups
  2. In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
  3. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely
  4. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave baking bars on high 30 secends; stir until melted. Stir in butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla; stir until blended
  5. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
For the cream cheese frosting, beat cream cheese and butter till blended and light. Add the rest of ingredients and beat until well blended. Follow directions to frost cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.