Herbed Green Beans



We love vegetables, and I’m always looking for new ways to fancy them up.  I had everything on hand for this recipe from   "Land O Lakes Treasury of Country Heritage Meals & Menus” and even could use up an opened jar of ripe olives.   Easy, quick, delicious.
                            Herbed Green Beans
  3        Tablespoons  Butter
  16      Ounces  Frozen Cut Green Beans (I used small whole beans)
  4        Ounces  Ripe Olives -- sliced, drained
  1        Teaspoon  Italian Seasoning
     1/4 Cup  Parmesan Cheese -- freshly grated
In 3 quart saucepan, melt butter.  Stir in all remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese.  Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beans are crisply tender (13-18 minutes)  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: 88 Calories; 9g Fat (86.8% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 286mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat.

2 comments:

  1. My kind of recipe, Sue: 5 ingredients or less and 30 minutes or less prep time! Steve and I love green beans and olives, to begin with--I never thought of them in the same dish. My adjustment would be to use 1 T garlic-infused extra-virgin olive oil in place of the butter...'twould still be scrumptious!

    Thank you for all the wonderful recipes you and Myrna have shared here; I've saved and used many and have learned a great deal, as well.

    Keep up the great work here!

    8 )

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.