Summerberry Cooler

  This recipe looked tempting and I had all the fruit on hand so made it one very warm Saturday afternoon. When I make it again, I will do two things differently. One of which is to leave out the blueberries. We didn’t really care for the flavor they gave the drink. The second thing would be to blend and strain the berries and then add them back to the blender with the apple juice and finish blending. 
  It made for a cool, attractive drink, I must confess I did not fuss with freezing berries in ice cubes to add to the drinks. If I were going to make it for a company dinner or BBQ with friends, I would try that as it looked like a nice touch.
Summerberry Cooler
Prep 10 minutes
1 cup fresh strawberries
½ cup fresh raspberries
¼ cup fresh blueberries (if using)
¾ cup frozen apple juice concentrate
1 ⅓ cups chilled carbonated water
Berry Ice cubes (optional)
   In a blender container combine strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and apple juice concentrate. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into pitcher and slowly stir in carbonated water. Place ice cubes in tall chilled glasses; fill glasses with berry mixture. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.