Olive Quick Bread



I made the quick bread mix recipe last week, and shared some with Myrna.  This is the bread recipe I chose to make from it, as I like savory bread, and I especially like olives.
It was really convenient to just get my extra ingredients ready, and mix the batter right up.  I baked it in my good toaster oven, and it baked nicely.  It looked like a lot of batter, but it didn’t raise a lot, and next time I will make it in my 8 ½ x 4 ½” bread pan for a higher, more square slice, even though the recipe called for a 9 x 5” pan – it won’t taste any different, but may make a prettier slice.  Check our quick bread hints for baking times for smaller pans for gifts.  I think you could fill your pans 2/3 full.                     
 
Olive Quick Bread
  2 ½            Cups  Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix -- (about 12 ounces)
     ¼            Cup  Sugar
  1                Cup  Nuts -- chopped
  1                Cup  Colby Cheese -- shredded (or mild Cheddar)
  1                Cup  Piminto-stuffed Green Olives -- Sliced
  1               Large  Egg
     ¾            Cup  Milk

Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine quick bread mix, sugar, nuts, cheese and olives in a large bowl.
Mix egg and milk with a fork.  Add to bowl and stir only until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into a greased 9 x 5 x 3" loaf pan.
Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes on a rack, remove frompan, and cool completely on rack.
Slice and serve with cream cheese.
  "Crisco Cooking"
  "1 Loaf"
Per Serving: 211 Calories; 13g Fat (56.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 239mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.