Chicken in Basil Cream


Another delicious chicken dish…there really aren’t too many ways to fix chicken – just like ground beef.  I made this twice, and the second time I prepared my chicken by dipping it in flour lightly, then in a beaten egg, then in the bread crumbs.  I think the crust sticks better.  I used Italian-flavored bread crumbs, and I think adding some Italian seasoning to plain crumbs would be good too.  I did flatten my chicken breasts to have them cook more evenly.
                         Chicken in Basil Cream
     1/4      Cup  Milk
     1/4      Cup  Dry Bread Crumbs
  4             Each  Chicken Breast Halves -- boneless, skinless (4 ounces each)
  3             Tablespoons  Butter
     1/2      Cup  Chicken Broth
  1             Cup  Heavy Cream
  4             Ounces  Sliced Pimiento -- drained
     1/2      Cup  Parmesan Cheese -- grated
     1/4      Cup  Fresh Basil -- minced
     1/8      Teaspoon  Pepper
Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.  Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs. (I prefer breading chicken by flouring lightly, dipping in beaten egg, then in bread crumbs.  I used Italian flavored bread crumbs.)
In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter for about 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.  Remove and keep warm.  (only needed 5 minutes cooking total, because I pounded out my breast halves first for even cooking)
Add broth to the skillet.  Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits.  Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir one minute; reduce heat.
Add the cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.  Serve with chicken.
4 Servings
This recipe is recommended for catfish as well as chicken.
  "TOH Grand Prize Winners"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.