Chicken with Lime Butter


  Bettie’s daughter sent her a birthday gift package from Omaha Steaks. Among the packages of meat were four boneless skinless chicken breasts. I rarely buy the boneless skinless chicken so this was a nice treat.
  Looking for a good recipe to try, I ran across this recipe from the Taste of Home Grand Prize Winners cookbook. All of the recipes I have tried from this issue have been good so this was the one we decided on.
  I must say this was excellent. Simple, quick to fix and a great flavor. I had lime juice in the freezer from the last limes I squeezed so that was simple. Sue gave me some of her lovely thyme and I used it instead of the dill called for in the recipe. I really think this is a great recipe and one we will make often. For all of you working mothers out there this was so quick and tasty. Hope you will give it a try.
Chicken with Lime Butter
Yield - 4 servings
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons salad oil
¼ cup butter
1 tablespoon lime juice 
½ teaspoon dill weed (or herb of your choice)
  Sprinkle chicken with the salt and pepper. In a large skillet on medium heat, Saute in the oil for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Drain and keep warm.
  Add butter and lime juice to skillet; cook and stir until butter is melted. Drizzle over the chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.