Grand Prize Winners


The Taste of Home Grand Prize Winners is a nice paperback special edition cookbook that contains the best recipes from 106 of their cooking contests.  An all-around book, it includes appetizers, side dishes,, soups, salads, sandwiches, main dishes, breads and desserts.  Its 144 pages are full of great photos, many of the recipes are “scratch” recipes and I would classify everything as “comfort food.”
If you feel like you’re getting in a cooking rut, a book like this will get you enthused about trying something new.  We didn’t have any trouble finding recipes to make and share, with some extra-good chicken dishes.

Savory Chicken Dinner

Chicken with Lime Butter

Bacon and Rosemary Chicken

Chicken in Basil Cream

Three Cheese Enchiladas

Penne Gorgonzola Chicken

Pepperoni Chili

Raspberry Streusel Coffeecake


3 comments:

  1. just out of curiosity, can you tell me if that taste of home contest winner book includes a pumpkin torte winning recipe from 2010? My niece submitted it and it made the cover of the 2010 contest winners. I would love to know if it is also in that new book.. thanks for you efforts to look it up. I just really enjoy your blog. It's how we actually cook and live and I just can't get enough of cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I didn't see it in this book. Sure sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo I am going to look for that one. I subscribe to Taste of Home, but have very few of the special cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.