Family Favorites - Italian Dressing

Most salad dressings are simple to make and the older and some of the newer cookbooks have good recipes for them. The best thing is that you can make as much as you need and not have a lot of leftover bottles in your refrigerator. Also little to no additives. 
Italian Dressing
1 cup Salad Oil 
1/4 cup vinegar (I usually use white wine vinegar)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (this is powder not yellow mustard out of the jar)
1 clove garlic. minced
dash Tabasco
Combine ingredients in a jar, cover and shake well.

This dressing is good for marinating vegetables and to dress potato or pasta salads with or without mayonnaise.  Much better than purchased dressings.
Keep any leftovers refrigerated.

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely give this a try! I'm hoping it will work for my spaghetti/pepperoni salad. I also have a macaroni salad that only calls for 1/4 c. So often I don't make these salads because I don't have/keep the dressing on hand. I always have the ingredients for your recipe tho! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the reasons I started making my own. Then we liked it so much that no one will eat the store bought anymore. It is great on pasta salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Myrna - I use her recipe for pasta salads and for potato salad too.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.