Tortellini with Salmon Sauce


When I saw this recipe, it sounded great – we love salmon and pasta.  However, when I looked at those little packets of vacuum-packed salmon, I almost fainted at the price!  I had about a 7 ounce piece of fresh salmon left over from packaging some for the freezer, so I decided to just bake it for the recipe – it only takes 10-12 minutes in my toaster oven at 400° - I baked it while I prepared the rest of the recipe. 
Then we got to the sauce.  The first time I made this my husband was sorely disappointed; it had a sauce made with milk and cornstarch, with mozzarellas and ricotta added.  The kindest thing you could say for it was that it was bland.   He thought I ought to make it again with my usual Alfredo sauce, and he was right.  It was perfect.    The freshly baked salmon, that he cut in chunks after baking, was beautiful in this dish. So here is our version of this recipe.                
Tortellini with Salmon Sauce
  9            Ounces  Cheese Tortellini
     1/4     Cup  Butter
  2            Each  Green Onion -- sliced
  2            Cloves  Garlic -- minced
     3/4     Cup  Heavy Cream
  2            ounces  Parmesan Cheese -- freshly grated - divided
  2            Teaspoons  Dill Weed
  1 1/2     Teaspoons  Lemon Juice
  1 1/2     Teaspoons  Lemon Peel -- grated
  7             Ounces  Salmon -- cooked, diced or vacuum-packed
Cook the tortellini according to package directions.  Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.  Cook the onion until tender.  Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.  Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet along with heavy cream and HALF the cheese.  Toss over low heat until pasta is well coated.  Add dill, lemon juice and salmon.  Serve immediately, topped with remaining cheese and the lemon peel.
4 Servings
  Adapted from the "Taste of Home Busy Family Favorites”

1 comment:

  1. Looking for inspiration today and this sounds wonderful....I may even have salmon in the freezer! Thanks for waking up my interest today, it was a little lost....dkc

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.