Oatrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies


This may be our new peanut butter cookie – I made half the recipe with chocolate chips and half without for my husband.  I liked them either way. 
I had mini chocolate chips on hand and used them – that spreads them more throughout the cookie.  Don’t be heavy-handed with the flour or oats, they will be too crumbly.  They keep well in the freezer either portioned and unbaked, or baked.   Bake the frozen dough a couple of minutes longer without defrosting first.   
These are quick and easy, and I think everyone will like them.              
Oatrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies             
     1/2    Cup  Butter -- softened
     1/2    Cup  Creamy Peanut Butter  (5 ounces)
     1/2    Cup  Sugar -- 3 1/2 ounces
     1/3    Cup  Packed Brown Sugar -- (2 1/2 ounces)
  1           Large  Egg
     1/2    Teaspoon  Vanilla Extract
  1           Cup  Flour, All-purpose -- 4 1/2 ounces
     1/2    Cup  Quick Cooking Oatmeal – 1 ½ ounces
  1           Teaspoon  Baking Soda
     1/4    Teaspoon  Salt
  6           Ounces  Chocolate Chips -- 1 cup
In large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars; beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt.  Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.  Stir in chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoonful’s (I used a size 60 scoop) onto ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yields 3 Dozen with a size 60 scoop
2013 Cost:  $3.06 or 9¢ per cookie.
  "Taste of Home Recipe Card Collection 2002"
Per Serving: 101 Calories; 6g Fat (51.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 13mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

3 comments:

  1. I recently found your blog, and I think it's fantastic. I try to avoid meat/eggs/dairy, but I love how you capture the essence of living in Iowa and the great recipes you provide. I'm sure I can "veganize" these cookies and they will still taste great! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby can't get enough of these cookies. Just got the 3rd batch out of the oven. They will be gone by Sunday. Oh, and I helped too!! (eat them, of course) Thanks for posting such a delicious recipe. I like them, as they remind me of "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups". And, since, they are too expensive to buy anymore, these cookies are the best replacement. Enjoy your website. M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly liked them...my husband especially too.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.