Microwave Pralines


I learned to like pralines when I lived in Texas, and can’t go to New Orleans without buying too many.  I had never tried pralines in the microwave before, but since I have a fairly new high wattage microwave, I thought I would try these.  We liked this recipe – I used half and half instead of evaporated milk.  It wasn’t too sweet, but when they say that you need to get them spooned out right away, they aren’t kidding.  You really need to watch your microwave times…if you have a small counter-type one, use the longer times; if you have a large one like mine, use the shortest time, check before they are done the last time so you don’t get sugary pralines.  I just broke my pecans up by hand, as I didn’t want them chopped too finely.
I tried half of this recipe also, and it only took about 6-7 minutes total time; but I had more time to get them spooned out, and that is enough pralines for us too.  Be sure to keep the bottom stirred up while you’re spooning, as they get hard fast.  This recipe is worth experimenting with in your microwave to get it right.
                            Microwave Pralines
  2               Cups  Sugar
  2               Cups  Pecans -- chopped
  5             Ounces  Evaporated Milk
     1/4           Cup  Butter
  1         Tablespoon  Vanilla Extract
Combine all ingredients in a 2 quart microwave safe liquid measuring cup.  Microwave on high 5-6 minutes, stirring well.  Microwave 5-6 more minutes, stirring well.
Working rapidly, drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper; let stand until firm.
2 people to spoon pralines is beneficial.
  "Southern Living Homestyle Cooking "
  "2 1/2 Dozen"
Per Serving: 121 Calories; 7g Fat (48.5% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6mg Cholesterol; 21mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, those look so good. So fast and easy. So few ingredients. Now let's make a hole in the center of each one for "calorie leakage" and I'll be set. Heh. Yum-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering! Yum! Thanks for sharing. dkc

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.