Yellow Mustard


 If you need to use Gluten Free Mustards, this might be the answer. Always check out ingredients to make sure they are gluten free. Thickened with cornstarch and making a ½ cup, it works well and is not expensive to make and have on hand. 
 The original recipe calls for white vinegar, but the next time I make it, I will use a white wine vinegar instead. It was a little sharper than I wanted, and so I will also leave out the cayenne pepper. The turmeric gives it the yellow color we are familiar with.
 I don’t remember where I found the recipe, but thanks to who ever posted the recipe.
Yellow Mustard
¼ cup ground dry mustard
¼ cup white vinegar or vinegar of your choice
3 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
Pinch garlic powder (optional)
Cayenne pepper pinch or to taste
 Combine all ingredients in a small heavy-bottomed pan. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil and then remove from heat.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

2 comments:

  1. I have honestly never seen a recipe to make yellow mustard. Nor did I know that mustard could contain gluten! This is neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow mustard you buy often has been thickened, or has maltodextrin in it.
    It is very easy to make and you can make just a small amount if that is all you want.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.