Buttermilk Ranch Dressing with Herbs


Sue and I have been making our own salad dressings. She has done it more often and   now I am also. We all like a different dressing at our house and I get tired of all the bottles in the Fridge. 
The Salad is Sue's using my dressing
This was a Ranch dressing for Bettie. I don’t like ranch, but thought this was quite good and my Grandson loved it. Easy to make, and no strange sounding items in it. Simple and easy, what could be better.
 If you make this or any dressing, you can make the amount you want fresh and have no chemical taste to them. This recipe is from Southern Living Magazine, I find many of their recipes are ones we like and I make often.
Buttermilk Dressing with Herbs
Makes about 1 ½ cup
 1 cup buttermilk
¼ cup Mayonnaise
1 small clove of garlic, pressed
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
2 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. Whole grain Dijon mustard
½ tsp ground pepper
¼ tsp. Hot sauce
 Combine all ingredients in a 1 quart glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Cover and shake vigorously to blend. Chill 30 minutes. 
 You can also combine the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Refrigerate in jar with lid up to one week. Shake well before using.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.