Pineapple with Pecan Rum Sauce


 Using the little bit of fresh pineapple I had left, I made this recipe for Sautéed Pineapple with Rum Pecan Sauce. Oh my, I have to say this was by far our favorite of the pineapple recipes I tried. So simple and so good. The recipe calls for either fresh or canned pineapple rings. 
 A word of caution here, if you are going to serve it with ice cream as I did, let it cool a little bit first. The first two dishes I served, the ice cream melted fast. I did have homemade vanilla ice cream and that might melt faster. No one complained about the melted ice cream, so we thought it might be just as good with heavy cream or ½ and ½. I vote for just the pineapple.
Sautéed Pineapple with Pecan Rum Sauce
8 rings peeled cored pineapple, juice reserved 
(or 8 slices canned in juice, juice reserved)
¼ cup light or dark rum
¼ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup toasted chopped pecans or other toasted nuts
2 Tbs. Butter
1 Tbs vegetable oil
¼ cup heavy cream
 Ice cream for serving
  Combine ¼ cup of the pineapple juice with the rum, sugar, and nuts, set aside.
  Pat the pineapple dry. Heat the butter and oil over medium heat in a 12 inch skillet. When the butter starts to darken, turn heat to medium high heat. Add the pineapple rings and saute till golden brown about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the pineapple to 4 dessert plate. Carefully add the rum mixture to the skillet; simmer and reduce until syrupy. About 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. 
Spoon over the pineapple slices and ice cream if using and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.