Family Favorites Oven-Fried Pork Chops

 This recipe from Tasty Time Saving recipes for Oven Fried Pork Chops worked out well for supper tonight. I wanted something tasty, but not much work and doable in the oven as I was making scalloped potatoes and wanted to use the oven for both the meat and potato dishes.
  The fact that it called for corn bread stuffing was a plus as both Lyle and Bettie are fond of it. I used Stove Top stuffing mix and one cup was plenty for two chops. I did however use tenderized pork loin slices from our Fareway store meat counter. If you need an oven meal, I recommend these. I very rarely use pork chops as we feel the new leaner chops are dry so most of the time I use pork steaks.
Oven-Fried Pork Chops
3 tablespoons butter
1 beaten egg
2 tablespoons milk
4 ½ inch thick pork loin chops
1 cup corn bread stuffing mix
  Set oven to 425°. Place butter in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; place in oven about 3 minutes or till butter melts. Stir together egg and milk. Dip pork chops into egg mixture. Coat with slightly crushed stuffing mix. Place chops on top melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn over. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more. (this is a little long for today’s modern pork, I baked them about 8 minutes on each side.)
  Serve with apple slices or applesauce if desired. Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.