Beef Nachos Grande

 I had bought a Large bag of tortilla chips at Costco and while I shared them out, I needed to make something with them. This recipe for Shredded Beef Nachos Grande from Campbell’s looked like a quick and easy dish to eat while watching your favorite game at home. 
 I did vary it in that I used some already cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning ground beef that I had in the freezer. Just used the same amount that the shredded beef would have been. We did feel that it did not have enough cheese, or that I had put to many chips in the pan. I will use less chips next time as there was more than the five of us could eat. Very simple to make and much tastier than the canned cheese sauce available at our local store. You can easily vary this to suit your families tastes and what you have on hand.
Beef Nachos Grande
2 cups of warmed cooked shredded Beef or cooked seasoned ground beef
8 ounces of tortilla chips (about 6 cups)
1 cup drained canned pinto beans
1 cup shredded Cheddar/ Mexican blend cheese (about 4 ounces) (Try adding more cheese)
Directions
 Set the oven to 375°F. Drain any excess liquid from the beef.
Arrange the tortilla chips in an 11x8x2 inch baking dish. Top with the beef, beans, and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.

 To serve top with your favorite nacho toppings, like diced tomatoes, pitted ripe olives, sour cream, guacamole, jalapeño peppers or chopped green chilies.

4 comments:

  1. I think I will make this tonight! Should be an easy meal, since I've got some of your ground beef mix canned up, as well as beans. I think I will add in some sauteed peppers and onions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. I think the peppers and onions will go good with this mixture.
    Isn't nice to have the ground beef mix already to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes--I'm a homeschooling mom of boys and sometimes having those little jars there, ready for a quick lunch, saves my sanity! Great for taking camping too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ivy Mae, Even without having to feed hungry kids anymore I still like having something that is quick to get for when we are tired or hungry.
    Anything canned doesn't have to be thawed. Nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.