Baked Cajun Tilapia

 This recipe for Baked Cajun Tilapia is from Allrecipes.com. We enjoyed it as a different way to fix fish. Tilapia is a very mild fish so it could handle the spice well. I made the dill sauce that is also with the recipe as I have some dill growing in my raspberry patch. I will certainly make this again.
 I did not use all the Cajun seasoning called for, this is a matter of personal taste. I use Tone’s brand Cajun seasoning as we like it the best of the ones I have tried. Use your personal favorite and as much as you want. I do recommend the dill sauce to go with it.
It is quite good, you can use the lemon you are cutting up for the fish to get the small amount of juice called for in the sauce.
Baked Cajun Tilapia
Ingredients
4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tablespoon or more to taste
1 lemon thinly sliced
Sauce
⅛ cup mayonnaise
¼  cup sour cream
1/16 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill.
  Preheat oven to 350° F to 375°. Lightly grease a shallow 9x13 inch pan.
Season the fillets with the salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning on both sides.
 Arrange the fillets in a single layer in the baking dish. Place a lemon slice over the fish fillet. Use two if it is a larger piece. 
Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

 While fish is baking stir together the sauce ingredients, serve with the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.