Sausage Alfredo

 Something quick and filling for supper was what I wanted so I  used a version of this recipe from Hillshire Farm. I had brats to use up, just enough of Creamettes Quick (3 minutes) Rotini and some Parmesan cheese that needed to be used in something.
 Well, Lyle and Bettie both thought it was excellent and liked the Cajun seasoning and I thought it was quick and just dirtied 2 pans which is fine with me. 
 If you need a filling meal in a hurry this is one of the answers and I will make it again just because everyone liked it. Try whatever smoked sausage your family likes and I am sure any pasta would work well. I thought the three minute worked so well, as I added in the frozen peas and cooked them with the pasta and everything was ready at the same time. Add rolls or muffins and you are good to go.
Sausage Alfredo
Four Servings
½ of a 12 ounce package of smoked sausage sliced
4 ounces of dry pasta
⅓ cup frozen peas or vegetable of your choice
1 cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (grate your own if you have it)

  Cook pasta using directions on box. If you are using frozen vegetables add to the cooking water.  Sauté sausage for 5 minutes, drain or blot up grease with a paper towel. Add cream and seasoning, bring to a boil and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until starting to thicken. Stir in cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.