Cookbook Reviews...Southern Living Three Book Series

One cookbook series both of us use is a set of three Southern Living Cookbooks.These are not their annual book from the magazine, but a series of three cookbooks, Our Best Recipes, they published in the 70’s.
I first saw them at our sister Kay’s house in Houston. She and her family had moved there. Sue lived in Texas for awhile also. We exchanged recipes and cookbooks when ever we got together. 
 I used the two I had bought in a used book store in Houston for many years and then Sue found the third one on the internet. 
Needless to say we both had to have it. Southern cooks as we have said before cook with wine and spirits a lot. Also a lot of sweet treats. When I was working several of the treats I took to work came from these cookbooks and were eagerly waited for and gone in the first half hour.
We have a variety of recipes, not all sweet treats from these books on the blog, though that is where I tend to look first. I do like my house smelling good from something baking in the oven.
Looks well used, doesn't it?

Some recipes we like from these cookbooks...


Seven Layer Bars

Rice Pudding

Chocolate Pecan Tassies

Southern Ambrosia

Wine Fruit Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.