Family Favorites...Aunt Helen's Peanut Clusters

I don’t often make candy anymore, but when I saw this recipe in "Treasured Recipes" and I knew I had some peanuts languishing in the cabinet, I had to try this one.  Three pounds of this is a lot; I made 6 ounces of each ingredient, and filled 2 quarter sheet pans.  I use a double boiler to melt this; it gives more time to shape your candy.  The amount I made was about right for my small double boiler pan.  If you don’t have a double boiler, try a glass or metal bowl over a pan of hot water.  We liked the clusters and bark equally well, the bark is certainly easier.  This recipe is fast, fast, fast.
My husband liked the mild milk chocolate taste.  Choose the chips you like.  Actually, choose the nuts you like too.  Salted ones help cut the sweetness.

 Aunt Helen's Peanut Clusters
  1              Pound  White Almond Bark
  1              Pound  Dry Roasted Peanuts
  1              Pound  Milk Chocolate Chips
Melt white chocolate and chocolate chips together; add peanuts.
Drop by teaspoon onto waxed or parchment paper and refrigerate.
Or, spread in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and break apart after refrigerating.
Yield:  "3 Pounds"
2013 Cost:  $2.77 per pound 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.