What Do You Call It Stir Fry/Casserole

 I cleaned out the leftovers in the fridge and made a stir fry/casserole for supper.
Bettie asked "What do you call it?" so that is going to be the name of the dish. 
 Here is a ingredient list and directions, and you can use what you have for leftovers in yours. This turned out so well, that I will make it again and buy the ingredients this time.
If you have some grate your own cheese, much better tasting and better for you.
What do you call it Stir Fry / Casserole
2 Italian sausages (I use mild) out of the casings and cut in slices
⅓ of a bag of stir fry frozen vegetables (mine had broccoli and peppers and carrots)
4 ounces dry pasta (Barilla GF Pasta)
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup Italian cheese shredded ( I used a combo)
⅓ cup sliced fresh or canned mushrooms
Sliced black olives 
 Cook pasta according to package directions and while it is cooking, sauté mushrooms in a small amount of butter, add the sliced Italian sausage brown and cook through till no longer pink inside. 
 Add the frozen stir fry vegetables and cook till tender crisp (see directions on package for time). Add the heavy cream and cheese and heat through.
Serve over hot drained pasta or rice. Garnish with sliced black olives and some chopped parsley or basil.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! A lot of pasta dishes are constructed the same way--pasta cooked in boiling water; meat and vegetables sauteed separately in a pan, cream and cheese added at the end, and served over the waiting pasta. But I wouldn't call it a stir fry or a casserole.

    Since you made it with what was on hand, I would call it "Pasta This and That" or Pasta Bits and Pieces". In Italian, they sound really cute! Pasta Questo e Quello (kwesto ee kwaylo) or Pasta Pezzi e Pezzi (petsy ee petsy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I like the Pasta This and That, I should rename it I guess. It is good and we have enjoyed it often. Also easy to use up leftovers of meat and vegies.

      Delete
  2. I do Sweet Basil Brat stir fry every now & then. Sausage, green pepper, onion, mushrooms and either noodles with crm of mushroom soup or spaghetti & Blue Parrot Sauce. If I do the spaghetti, then there's always Parm on top & possibly garlic bread if I'm ambitious. Been doing that combo for years. I cook a full pkg of Sweet Basil Brats & maybe use 3 for the dish & freeze the rest to slice for pizza. :-) I'll have to think about using the pkg of frozen veggies I have. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good Nadine. We liked the vegies in it and it is a good way to get someone to eat them (me for instance lol).

      Delete
  3. I do put zucchini in it if I have any. And celery. I make one with pepperoni, broccoli, onion & mushroom with a Parmesan cheese white sauce over spaghetti, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet that is good, I like pepperoni and the rest of the ingredients. I do need the GF pasta though so have to be a little choosey what I use.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.