Golden Pork Chops

This is a recipe that’s a real winner at our house…simple, quick, delicious…one that most people will like.  We decided that if you don’t like corn and pork, you probably can’t live in Iowa…
We served this with a vegetable and salad with fruit for dessert.  It's an easy recipe to halve, just use the 8 ounce cans of cream-style corn.
The chops were moist, tender and delicious.  We think this could be an easy-to-make choice for a holiday meal too.                       

Golden Pork Chops  
  1                 can  cream-style corn -- (14-3/4 ounces)
     1/2          cup  finely chopped onion
     1/2          cup  finely chopped celery
     1/2          teaspoon  paprika
  1 1/2          cups  crushed corn bread stuffing mix
  4                 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
  1                 tablespoon  brown sugar
  1                 tablespoon  spicy brown mustard
In a large bowl, combine the corn, onion, celery and paprika. Stir in stuffing. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
Arrange pork chops over stuffing. Combine brown sugar and mustard; spread over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Yield: 4 servings.

Taste of Home

4 comments:

  1. They look delicious and this reminded me that I did not taken anything out of the freezer to cook tonight :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's when you go out to eat, lol. However these are good, I tried the recipe after Sue did and we all liked them.

      Delete
  2. Made this for dinner tonight! We had 2 huge, thick bone-in chops (2 covered the 11x7 pan!). I gave them a quick 1-hour brine, rinsed/dried them and lightly slicked them with olive oil and a good sprinkling of McCormick's Brown Sugar Bourbon seasoning on both sides. They were so moist and tender! Even my "I hate pork!" daughter shared half my huge chop with me.

    Good as the chops were, I think the real star of the dinner was that incredible stuffing! My gosh, I could not have imagined it would be that DELICIOUS! I made it exactly as written, and it was perfection. My husband and I ate it ALL ourselves. I am already planning to serve it again next week, and will make a double batch. I can easily see frying up patties of leftover stuffing to go with some over-easy eggs for breakfast.

    I used Pepperidge Farm Corn Bread stuffing; I would have preferred a gluten-free stuffing mix, but that was the only brand available in my 2 local groceries. I almost passed up the stuffing entirely and substituted a side pan of GF corn bread, but I am really glad I didn't (i'm not allergic to gluten, just sensitive).

    I agree that this is a holiday- or company-worthy meal! Thank you so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the dressing...we do too. I think it makes the pork more moist as well.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.