Instant Pot Cookbooks


 To go with the manual which came with my Instant Pot I purchased 2 cookbooks. Both had recipes I used but one had more that I would not fix. Not that they were bad, just that they were not something my family would eat. Her recipes seem to be well done and the couple I did try worked well. Just a preference in foods. I do recommend that you check out the books at your local library or look them over at a book store as neither was inexpensive and you want to invest in one you will use.
 The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Laurel Randolph is the one I don’t use often even though it is recommended by the company who makes the appliance. I can’t say that you might not like it, just that I find I don’t use it a lot.
  The second cookbook Electric Pressure Cooker is not written just for the Instant Pot so that might be a drawback as you have to use the instructions and timing for the brand you own. The recipes however are very good and we enjoyed several from this book.
 Sue purchased the book Instant Pot Obsession and I think that it is the best of the group. I am buying a copy for myself and recommend it for novices to the Instant Pot and owners who have used theirs for awhile. The information alone is worth buying the book for and the recipes are down to earth and there are also enough fancier ones for those who like to experiment with new things. She has common sense answers to problems and I found reading it as interesting as using the recipes.
 In this vein, I want to add a link to an article that we feel everyone who uses a pressure cooker should read. Do not let it scare you off from using one, but rather using it wisely and reading the manual that comes with it.  
Consumer Alert: Food Eruption After Pressure Release
 There are also many blogs and recipes for Electric pressure cookers online. Many are devoted just for an Instant Pot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.