In the Kitchen...Egg Slicers

One of those nice kitchen tools to own
 Not all kitchen equipment is large. Egg slicers are something you can live without but life in a kitchen is better with one. They take up very little storage space and you will find you use them .
 You can buy inexpensive ones in most grocery stores and they will do a good job for you. I own or have owned the three in the center top photo, the nested ones on the left I am not going to recommend. After relatively few uses the wires on two of them broke, and I ended up throwing away the entire set. However, Sue still has this set and they are still okay so far. The other two work fine. 
I like the slicer with the yellow center as it will swivel and you can cut one way and than the other for strips instead of slices. However it is harder to clean and egg yolk gets down in the center and needs to have more attention. The far right one works great and makes nice thin slices. 
When I want to have egg slices as a garnish on a salad or egg dish I am always glad I have these in my kitchen drawer. 

2 comments:

  1. we just had to buy a new one, after all the years of using ours.........the wire broke
    I wish they had the swivel ones. I would like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swivel one is my favorite one as I like the strips as a garnish, looks like you spent some time on them. However, they all work well and I can never get my slices that nice with a sharp knife.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.