In The Kitchen... Springform Pans


Springform pans are not a necessity in your kitchen, but they really add to it. I use mine as most people do for cheesecake, but they can be used for other cakes and desserts as well. Some recipes will specify that type of pan and you will find that they release the sides of the contents without tearing and sticking. 
 There are basically two types, both of which I have. One type has the bottom inserted into the rim and the other has the rim inserted into the bottom. Either works well, but I find that it leaks less if you use the rim inserted into the bottom type. 
 When the contents are cool, using the handle on the side of the pan will allow the sides to come away from the cake and leave your lovely crust all in one piece. Much easier to cut and serve and the leftovers will be easier to store out of the pan. 
 In the photo, the small one in the front I use in my instant pot and it will hold things like potatoes or eggs that I want contained as well as a small cheesecake. I also use mine for regular cake batters and have baked tarts in them. 

 If you are going to invest in one, I recommend the Kaiser bakeware pans, but you can buy inexpensive ones if you are not sure you will use it and upgrade later.

Some recipes using springform pans...



Apricot Cream Coffee Cake








Raspberry Cheesecake








Spiced Maple Pear Tart

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, I don't have any of these pans. I didn't grow up with mom using them I guess so I never thought about them.lol So glad you posted about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really work well for so many things that they are a staple in my house. If I broke one or loaned it out and didn't get it back I sure would have to replace it. Do keep in mind that they will leak a small amount if you put a real runny batter in them. I usually wrap the bottom and sides with foil if that is the case.

      Delete
  2. I have just a few; well actually several springform pans, put don't have a square pan. They are so great for so many uses. Making an ice cream cake for one. Family loves it. Making a Chocolate Swirl Delight cake is delicious.

    I am constantly looking for springform pans at thrift stores, etc. cause I also use the pans in my decorating whether they are rusting, dented or whatever; nothing but a little spray paint won't take care of. I especially like using them for decorating and making into a table center piece for the holidays and making them into a tiered arrangement.
    Remember, pans aren't just for baking :}

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.