Do You Remember?



Do you remember those fancy new sets of cookware promoted in the fifties and sixties?
Elaborate sets of cookware were popular after the war, when manufacturers had produced war material instead of home cookware...there was a pent-up demand and many returning soldiers were forming new households.
Revere ware and Club Aluminum were popular when we got married...the Club Aluminum came in pink, aqua, and later avocado green and gold - popular colors that dated your kitchen just like your Pyrex did.  However, I don't see it around today like you do Pyrex.  I have some Revere that predates my 52-year marriage and still use it.

5 comments:

  1. My mom is ninety years old and is still using her Revere Ware that she got when she married almost seventy years ago. It is in great shape. I got my set when I was in college and am still using it, too, although I did buy a set of Caphalon fifteen years ago. It is very heavy stuff and I find myself using the Revere Ware more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...I still have my aluminum Magnalite, 5 quart pot. Love it. I also own a piece of the Aqua Club.
    We were married in 1972.
    We were on the roads here in central Texas this morning and danged if a New Yorker passed us!!
    Time is really marching on!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having freezing rain today...might as well be back in North Texas ourselves! Went to college in Denton, one of our grandsons is going there now.

      Delete
  3. I received a Revere Ware double boiler from my grandparents when I first married in 1958. Still have it and use the saucepan part frequently! My granddaughter didn't know what a double boiler was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 pieces of Revere Ware still. They were shower gifts when I married in 1958 also. The new Revere Ware on the market today is not as heavy and certainly doesn't hold up as well. My granddaughter knows what a double boiler is, I bought her Mom a new one last year for a gift, she had worn a hole in hers. I have a white enamel double boiler from the same shower.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.