Equipment Reviews...Replacement Lids for Pans

Top and Left: RSVP Universal Lids, Bottom right:  From Cuisinart  

If you are like we are, you have pans that didn’t come with lids and pans that need replacement lids, and we’re not ready to give up the pans yet.
I’ve found that lids that have a center knob often wear out as the knob attachment comes loose; in fact, those are the type of lids I’ve had to replace.  So when I searched for good replacement lids, a regular handle was my first requirement.  Good fit was the second, of course.  Glass is a bonus; you can check on your dish without opening the lid.
I have purchased these lids from Cuisinart  that fit 8 or 10” pans.   I like the silicone handle cover on these, and have several of them, both replacements for lids that had knobs that were no longer tightly attached.  Nordic Ware and Anolon have similar lids available.
These stainless steel and glass Universal lids  come in a 9” size and a 12” size.  I use the larger universal lid on my wok , that is about 11” and impossible to find an exact match for and on my Mom’s large cast iron skillet, and the smaller one for my 8” size 5 cast iron pan. It has the advantage of covering the pour spout on the pan, and prevents so much grease or steam escaping from that area.
Our mom used these flat aluminum universal lids with a small ring in the center on those cast iron pans, the heavy duty new universal lids are a huge improvement!

2 comments:

  1. I like the ones you can pick up when they are hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great tidbit to know, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.