Small Recipes... Betty Crocker's Dinner for Two Ham Loaf


 The Dinner For Two Cookbook has a meatloaf and a ham loaf recipe. I have made the meatloaf before and today made the Ham loaf. It is a four serving size and I made the full recipe planning on freezing slices for three more meals. 
 The recipe is very basic which is what I wanted as now I can change the flavor of it when I reheat it. Maybe one with a pineapple vinegar glaze, or another with the glaze I use on Spam. Just a light coating of mustard and brown sugar should also work.
 If you bake a potato or do some Scalloped Potatoes you will be using your oven for everything and saving on oven heat.
 Our local Fareway has a nice mixture of ground ham and ground pork that they sell as Ham Loaf and I always use it so I didn’t have to grind my own.
 For the bread crumbs I whirled some Gluten Free Bread from Aldi’s in my small Kitchen Aid Processor. Used the amount I needed and saved enough for another ham or meat loaf.
HAM LOAF
¾ lb. of ham ground 
¼ lb. of fresh pork ground
1 egg beaten
½ cup of milk
½ cup fine bread crumbs
teaspoon pepper (the ham is salty enough)
 Heat oven to 350° (moderate) Mix ingredients together, throughly. 
Shape into 2 loaves in shallow baking pan. 
Bake 1 hour or until done

4 Servings

6 comments:

  1. I've not been eating ham unless it's turkey ham. I had to get my triglycerides under control. So, no processed products at all if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Fareway's hamloaf! My mom has recently tried it as a substitute for ground meat in a casserole recipe (brown before adding). It was very tasty! This recipe looks good and your variety of toppings sound tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very good. I have subbed ground pork or sausage but did not think of using ham loaf

      Delete
  3. Do you think this could be canned like meatlaof?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's probably too dense for canning safely.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.