Small Recipes...Cheesecake for Two in a Loaf Pan



When you are cooking or baking for one or two, it is nice to have smaller pans, but if you don’t, pull out that bread pan and try it. This recipe for cheesecake is similar to one on the Pillsbury web site and other sites. I altered it to work with what I wanted and knew would get eaten.
 Rather than use pie filling to top the cake I made my topping from some blueberries I had in the freezer. 
 You can use any topping your family likes or eat it plain. Slice in five pie shape pieces, the two end ones will not be as pie shaped as the center ones.

Cheesecake for two
Ingredients
 For the crust:
1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs (regular or GF)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the filling
 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, beaten
zest of 1 lemon, freshly grated
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar, for garnish (optional)
Fruit topping (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the cheesecake from the pan. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor (or a plastic bag), crush the graham crackers into crumbs.
Stir the melted butter and granulated sugar into the graham crumbs.
Push the crumbs firmly into the prepared pan.
Beat together the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, egg, and lemon zest until very creamy.
Stir in the lemon juice.
Spread the batter over the crust, lower the oven to 300, and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set. Check with a cake tester in center of pan. It will set up a little more while cooling.
Remove the cheesecake from the oven, and let cool completely. Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours before slicing.

9 comments:

  1. When I make a cheesecake like this, I have to get to it before hubby does or hide it away in my fridge that I have in my 'she' shed.
    I usually make a cheesecake when he is at work otherwise he digs into it Before it sets up, so out to my shed it goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to hide mine if my daughter comes over. lol. Does he never look in there?

      Delete
    2. Nope. He stays out of my shed unless I have him get something from the freezer or the refrigerator, plus with 1 key and I have it. He has his workshop and I have mine.

      Delete
  2. How do I contact you with a question? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't give out our email addresses for security reasons. Just ask your question in the comments and we'll try to answer you.

      Delete
  3. OK, now I need to get some cream cheese and make this cheesecake Myrna! Strawberries are still sweet here so will just crush them up and put on cheesecake..thanks for this delicious treat.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.