Small Recipes...Beef Roast in a Loaf Pan

 This a roast I tried baking in a loaf pan. It was just a few ounces over a pound and I wanted to roast it in my countertop oven. I have a Breville and find I use it for almost everything. I didn’t have a heavy roasting pan that would fit in the oven so decided to try the loaf pan. It of course didn’t have a lid, so I tucked a sheet of Parchment paper down over the roast and then covered the pan with heavy aluminum foil. That did the trick and kept it moist. I did not add carrots or potatoes to it though there was plenty of room to do that with that size of roast. If you do add them to the pan do not add the potatoes till after the first hour so the potatoes don’t get mushy.
 This size roast is just right for one person to eat and have some nice planned leftovers. I cut a roast from the store into three roasts and froze two of them for other meals.
Beef Roast in a Loaf Pan
Directions
 If the roast is boneless tie with kitchen string after trimming off any extra fat. Heat a frying pan adding the fat you trimmed off to get the fat to brown the roast in. 
 Season the roast with salt and pepper and I used some French Thyme, use what ever combination of spices you like. 
 Brown the roast in the frying pan with the rendered fat adding some oil if necessary.
The browning seals in the juices and adds a layer of flavor.
 Place in loaf pan, add some beef broth to the frying pan to deglaze it and pour in the pan. Add more broth till it is ¼ of the way up the roast. Add a bay leaf and some onion if desired. 
 Roast for one hour at 350° and then lower temp to 225° or if you have an oven that has slow cook for an option use it, Cook it for  it for two hours or until tender.
Remove from pan and let set for 10 minutes and then slice. While roast is cooling make some gravy by thickening the pan juices.

 Remainder of the roast can be eaten cold, or freeze it for one or two more meals.

4 comments:

  1. Even thought it’s summer...a nice little roast like this would be so delicious. I would use the leftover meat for sandwiches, even shred it up a little, add some bbq sauce the put on a soft hamburger bun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good to me, I ate some of it as a hot beef sandwich and the last leftovers in a veggie soup.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.