Saturday Thoughts...Glass Scraper


Today I noticed that the glass in the door of my toaster oven was gunky…I washed it with a Mr. Clean sponge, but it wasn’t enough.  Right in the kitchen miscellaneous drawer beneath the toaster oven and next to my big stove was the solution…this “retractable razor blade glass scraper”.  If I want a new one today it costs about $1.75 in the paint department of the local big box department store, with 5 blades included...they sell just replacement blades right next to the scrapers.  It uses old-fashioned standard widely-available single-edge razor blades.  They have larger, fancier scrapers, but this one is easy to store, easy to use and the blades are readily available.
I use it for my black glass-top stove for burned-on spills and cleaning the inside of the oven door glass, as well as keeping another one with my window cleaning kit.  It doesn’t damage the glass, and those spills just disappear.  It helps to wet the glass first to soften the spill a little.
I also use it for removing sticky label residue from jars I want to save.
Cheap, effective, easy-to-store-perfect!

4 comments:

  1. They've been advertising Mr. Clean - CleanFreak. I haven't found it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen any ads for Clean Freak Mr Clean. I wonder if it is in your area only?

      Delete
  2. My husband uses this all the time on the glass-top stove. It works like a charm. We will try it inside of the oven door glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And another advantage is once you buy it they last for years...I probably change blades every year or so!

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.