Small Recipes...Crispy Baked Potatoes


Great Cooking for Two by Better Homes and Gardens has several recipes that I want to try. This is one I made recently and have made again. Simple, Quick and tasty and little clean up. If you melt the butter in the pan while you are heating up the oven and line the pan with foil you have only to wash a plate and a fork. I would not bake the potato without foil in the pan as you don’t want the pan to have a sticky burnt on mess. 
 I used dried garlic and very lightly oiled the skin and sprinkled on some kosher salt. This gave me a soft interior and a crisp potato top and crisp skin
Baked for 25 minutes in my Breville counter top oven and I just ate the potato but you could bake a fillet of fish in the oven with this or maybe a grilled steak. 
Crispy Baked Potatoes
2 medium baking potatoes (Russets)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon seasoned salt or garlic salt
teaspoon pepper
Directions
Scrub potatoes and cut in half lengthwise. In a foil lined 11 x 7 or a pan they fit in melt the butter and stir the seasoning you are using in the butter. Place potatoes cut side down and bake in a 450°F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes.*  Lift out with a spatula 
Serve as is or add your favorite baked potato toppings.
*In the smaller oven lower the heat to 425°F.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I love a good baked potato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is good and bakes much faster than a regular baked potato.

      Delete
  2. I love your recipes and thanks for the info about the smaller oven. I rarely use the big oven since it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also rarely use my big oven anymore with just myself to cook for. Seems like such a waste of electricity and/or gas. Glad we could help.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.