Small Recipes ...Baked Eggs with Cheese



 For one person this recipe from onedishkitchen.com for baked eggs with cheese is quick, simple and good. It puffs up like a mini soufflé so be sure that the dish is not full to the top. The recipe called for an 8 ounce baking dish and I used a 10 ounce dish. As you can see it filled it when it baked. It did fall a little so don’t let it set around too long. It will still taste fine but not look as pretty. If using the larger dish check it after 12 minutes, without opening the oven door if you can. 
 The recipe calls for cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese but as I don’t like cheese with cooked eggs I left it out and put in a pinch more of salt. You can certainly add the cheese or change cheeses to what you like. 
 Serve for breakfast, light lunch or light evening meal with some pork sausage, or bacon and a slice of toast or a muffin.
Baked Eggs With Cheese
Soft butter
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons cream or half and half
2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
pinch salt
pinch black pepper
Instructions
Heat oven to 400 °F 
Coat the inside of a 8 to 10 ounce baking dish with the butter
 Whisk together the eggs and cream
Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper
Pour into baking dish and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are set


4 comments:

  1. Looks great. I like cheese, so I'll add it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese is good in it according to the recipe I just don't care for cheese with eggs.

      Delete
  2. Using primarily the same ingredients ... just make an omelet without turning on the oven! Just as tasty and quicker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have good luck with omelets so I find this easier. I use my Breville counter top oven for small amounts like this.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.