Small Recipes...Scalloped potatoes for one

The nice baking dish is a present from Sue. Just the right size!  
 One of the ways I like to eat and fix potatoes is by scalloping them. There are many recipes out there and I tried this one for scalloped potatoes for one. It was very good and no flour needed. However my potato was larger than the one called for so I used more milk than the recipe called for. I did omit the cheese just because I don’t care for cheese in my potatoes. One of the perks of cooking for one is that you can fix dishes to suit just yourself.
 One large potato made enough for two servings so I am going to freeze the left over portion to have another day. If your potato is larger than a small potato use about cup of milk and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. 
Scalloped Potatoes for One
Ingredients
1 small potato, peeled and sliced (about ½ cup)
cup milk (depending on the size of your potato)
¼ teaspoon salt
teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon butter (to butter baking dish with)
1 to 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
Directions
 In a small saucepan, combine potato slices, milk, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Pour into a buttered 10-oz. Custard cup. Sprinkle with cheese. 

 Bake uncovered at 375° for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender adding more milk if they look too dry. Sprinkle with paprika.

5 comments:

  1. We eat a lot of potatoes. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat potatoes often and you can easily double this. I would use a shallower dish though so the center bakes as soon as the outside.

      Delete
  2. I’m going to make this tonight except I’m going to pre boil potatoes in the microwave add less milk and put in the air fryer, I’ll report back 😂

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.