$avings $aturday...December Week 4 - Potatoes Again



Some of the Hot Deals I bought during week 4 of December are a half dozen cans of green beans to replace what I've used from my pantry (there is no limit), and the 29¢ eggs of course, for baking and cooking.  (Iowa leads the nation in egg production!)  Russet Potatoes are on sale again and at $1 for 5 pounds they are a real bargain.  These are new crop, and smaller sizes; about 5-8 ounces each, so they are a good choice for us.  Besides baked potatoes and regular mashed potatoes, I have a couple dishes that use left-over mashed potatoes that I want to make again.  I cook enough potatoes for a meal to be sure I have enough for one of these recipes too.  In November and December I have stocked up on potatoes using coupons to last the winter for the two of us.  This grocery is more expensive on regular items than the others in town, so I have no qualms about only buying the Hot Deals I need.

Crispy Potato Patties


Crispy Cheesy Potato Waffles

2 comments:

  1. The grocery store in our town tends to be higher than other stores too. I only buy what is on sale there or if I absolutely can't find the item some where else. Those are good bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really are great deals! Like you, I will happily get the deals at a store I don't always frequent. Especially now as things are going up so much in price lately.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.